Thursday, February 5, 2009

life.

as i sit here not being able to sleep, i am wondering what is really important to me in life right now. i know for sure that family and friends are number one. that is not even a question. without them it would make anybodies life difficult i think.
my job is going pretty good. i have received a raise and am able to become more involved with Habitat by being on boards and helping with major fundraisers and events. it feels good to be doing what i do and i hope i can do it forever. but it is never going to be full time and there is no room for advancement, so i need to take that into consideration. so i am opting to get a second job in the non-profit field (of course!) at the boys and girls club. so i can have two part time jobs to make one full time job. i don't do what i do to one day be rich, i do it to see the look on peoples faces when i am able to help them out in their tough times. although money wouldn't hurt! ;) i have to pay bills somehow! but really, i feel satisfied in my heart and know that for all the help i have received in my life i am trying to pay it forward with the work i do. so that is another thing important to me in my life right now.
my health is another important thing. as with many people, having good health is key. i am so thankful i have joined ww, i have lost 7.6lbs in two weeks!! yay! it helps to write everything down so you own up to what you are eating. i have moved my belt to a smaller notch and my jeans are getting big!!! i even feel a little better with these few pounds off. my lungs are getting better i hope. i was told as long as i keep taking my meds i will no longer be at risk for emphysema. i was told i may have it from the condition my lungs were in before the meds, how scary is that!! i am to young to have that! so i buckled down and started taking my meds and not skipping a day. i want to live to see all these cute kids grow up! children in my future may not happen, things are getting worse not staying better like they were. i think i am slowly becoming sort of ok with not having kids. there is always puppies to adopt. and of course children. i see my doc next week again to have the all important, nerve racking talk of what next. whatever happens it must be for a reason. i hate that saying more than anything, but it makes sense!! the HP must have other things in life for me to do.
i am missing some family members dearly at this point in life, so near some far. but i know one day we will be brought together again. i have an amazing husband who no matter how bad things get he is always my rock to lean on and always knows how to make me feel better. i am so glad the HP brought him into my life! even though at times i want to ring his neck, but everything in life can't be lollipops and sunshine.
i wish everyone the best for 2009 and on. i hope all your lives are filled with love, happiness and nothing short of goodness and health.
ta-ta! :)

2 comments:

Kristina Strain said...

Rose, I'm in a very similar "What now?" sort of place. Whoever thought being an adult would be so confusing? In the meantime, I hope we figure some things out. Good luck with your job!

Kami said...

I will be sending good thoughts for your talk with Dr. Shaw next week.